Employment Attorneys Serving Chicagoland Businesses
Potential liability exposure for employee claims can be significant. In addition to disrupting the productivity and efficiency of your business, employment law issues can have a devastating impact on a company’s bottom line. Therefore, it is important to consult with attorneys experienced in the many complex areas of employment law. At Newland & Newland LLP, we counsel Chicagoland employers on all aspects of the employee/employer relationship, from hiring to termination. For over 20 years, the Newland brothers and their experienced team of employment lawyers have advised businesses of all sizes on their employment issues.
Employment law encompasses a broad range of issues that affects every business, no matter how large or small. With the federal and state laws always changing, it is important to consult with a skilled employment attorney to ensure that your company is not at risk. If an employment issue does arise, a qualified lawyer with specific experience in employment law matters will advise you on the best strategy to protect your interests. At Newland & Newland LLP, we represent companies on the full range of employment law matters, including:
- Workers' compensation;
- Workplace discrimination and harassment;
- Disability and Veteran accommodations;
- Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and Affordable Care Act compliance;
- Employee benefits;
- Wage and hour issues, including overtime, bonuses and commission;
- Reductions in force and Worker Adjustment and Retraining Notification Act (WARN) Act notifications;
- Severance agreements;
- Employee claims prevention;
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) and the Illinois Human Rights Commission (HRC) hearings;
- Management and staff training;
- Class action lawsuits;
- Hiring and firing practices;
- Managing social media and public relations issues;
- Employment contracts and agreements;
- Human Resources handbooks, policies and practices;
- Workplace investigations;
- Whistleblower claims; and
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality agreements.
The team of employment attorneys at Newland & Newland LLP is dedicated to helping companies protect against damaging employee claims. We take time to get to know you, your business and your industry so that you can stay focused on your core mission. Our attorneys are committed to providing efficient and cost-effective representation to maximize the result for your company, while preserving employee morale and retention. Whether you are a small business or large corporation in the Chicago area, the lawyers at Newland & Newland LLP have the knowledge and experience you need. Contact us today to discuss your employment law matter.