Dedicated personal injury litigators obtaining relief for victims who have suffered injuries in Arlington Heights, Mt. Prospect, Libertyville, Itasca, and Chicago.
Slip and fall accidents at the Randhurst Mall require significant attention to help you secure the financial compensation you deserve. Our attorneys are experienced litigators who can help you get the relief you deserve. If you or your loved one has been injured in a Randhurst Mall Slip and Fall accident, contact an attorney at Newland & Newland, LLP for an initial consultation. During an initial consultation, we will listen to the facts and circumstances of your claim to determine your rights to relief.
Proving A Premises Liability Claim
If you or our loved one seeks relief after a slip and fall accident, the following elements must be shown to successfully prove a claim:
- A hazardous condition existed. To successfully assert a claim, a plaintiff must show that a condition was present on the defendant’s property that caused an unreasonable risk of harm to those lawfully on the premises.
- Defendant knew or should have known of the hazardous condition. The facts and circumstances of the hazard will need to be discussed to successfully prove this element. The type of substance that caused the hazard, the length of time the hazard remained, and the location of the hazard are all facts that must be disclosed, which will help prove whether the defendant knew or should have known of the hazard.
- The defendant could expect that people would not discover the danger. In order to successfully prove your claim, it must also be proven that the defendant could reasonably expect that people would not realize or take precautions to protect themselves against the danger. For instance, if ice were in a parking lot as it was sleeting rain outside, this element may be harder to prove as opposed to an individual slipping on ice as a result of a leak onto the ground outside.
- Defendant was wrongful or negligent. To prove that a defendant actions were negligent, one must show that the defendant breached some standard of care that would be followed by those in a similar position.
- Defendant’s negligence was the cause of plaintiff’s injury.
Defenses to a Claim
There are several defenses that may be raised after a slip and fall at the Randhurst Mall. Some defenses include comparative negligence, the statute of limitations, or immunity under the law. Regardless of your reasoning for seeking legal assistance for your claim, our attorneys will look at all possible factors that may have an impact on the outcome of your claim.
Newland & Newland, LLP: Your Trusted Personal Injury Litigators
Newland & Newland, LLP is an Illinois law firm with several offices located throughout the state. We know the direct impact that effective representation has on a claim. All of our attorneys have advanced litigation skills and can represent you or your loved one through every stage of a personal injury claim. You can depend on us whether your goal is to settle a claim or take the case to a jury trial. For a risk-free initial consultation, contact Newland & Newland, LLP today.