Let Us Help You...Personal Injury Attorneys in Arlington Heights, Illinois
Dedicated personal injury lawyers protecting your right to compensation after a slip and fall in Cook, Lake, McHenry, DuPage and Will counties as well as the federal courts.
There are millions of Americans injured in slip and fall accidents each year. If you have been injured during a slip and fall that could have been prevented if the property was safely maintained, you need a lawyer. The attorneys at Newland & Newland, LLP will work hard so you can obtain the most money for your claim.
Causes of Injuries
Although every Walmart has a duty to ensure that the location is free from safety hazards, this sometimes proves difficult to oversee. This is when accidents are most likely to occur. The law firm of Newland & Newland, LLP have handled thousands of personal injury claims. Some common causes of slip and fall injuries are as follows:
- Spills or Substances: Sometimes there are substances or spills on the floor that are the result of items falling off shelves due to accidents by customers.
- Clutter: Store employees often leave clutter in the aisles of a store for a variety of reasons that range from momentarily assisting a customer to temporarily placing an item there while stocking shelves. When items are in the direct path of travel, a safety hazard is created.
- Weather Conditions: Slip and fall injuries are not just a result of hazards inside the store. Walmart has a duty to ensure that all areas of the premises is maintained properly. This includes clearing debris and/or snow in the parking lot.
How to Preserve Your Claim
After a fall, many individuals feel as though treatment is not necessary. Most individuals are embarrassed and will get up and walk away if at all possible. However, it is important to take the following steps to ensure the most compensation:
- Document your injury. Even if you are physically able to stand, be sure to notify Walmart personnel of the injury and obtain a copy of any incident reports. Make any attempt to identify the substance that caused your fall, taking note to the color, texture, and temperature of the substance. This will be helpful to your personal injury claim.
- In the event you feel pain, seek medical attention. The sooner you seek medical attention and treatment, the better it is for your personal injury claim.
- Do not wait too long. Our attorneys understand that life can get pretty hectic after a slip and fall injury. Between follow-up appointments, the additional expenses associated with an injury, and the overall stress of an injury, it becomes easy to push other obligations off. However, it is important to bring your Illinois personal injury claim within two years of the incident. The Illinois statute of limitations prevents individuals from bringing a claim after the two-year statute of limitations has expired, except under limited circumstances.
Contact an Attorney Today
If you or someone you know have been injured in a slip and fall action at Walmart contact an attorney at Newland & Newland, LLP. We work hard to ensure our clients obtain the compensation they deserve. During an initial consultation, we will discuss the facts and circumstances of your injury to determine a strategic plan that meets your needs.