121 S. Wilke Road, Suite 301, Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Home and Hospital Visits for Your Convenience

FREE Phone & Video Consultations

Home and Hospital Visits for Your Convenience

Call for a FREE Phone Consultation


Video Consultations Also Available

Vaccination Injury Attorneys in Illinois

Chicago vaccine injury attorneys

Lawyers for Collecting Compensation for Injuries Due to Vaccines in Cook County

The Chicago area attorney, Gary A. Newland of Newland and Newland, LLP, is experienced in vaccine law and represents those injured by a vaccine through the National Vaccine Injury and Compensation Program. Gary is a vaccine lawyer licensed to practice in Federal Court and can represent children and adults injured throughout Illinois and the United States.

What is the National Vaccine Injury and Compensation Program?

Congress created the National Vaccine Injury and Compensation Program in 1986 to award compensation to those that had suffered injuries caused by vaccination. Claims for such injuries are filed in the United States Court of Federal Claims, Office of Special Masters in Washington, D.C. Injury claims are heard before a "Special Master" who is basically a judge. The vaccine program is represented by the Department of Justice and the Secretary of Health and Human Services will defend the case. The fund provides for compensation for past and future medical needs, past and future pain and suffering, and future lost wages.

Vaccines Covered Under the National Vaccine Injury and Compensation Program

  • Tetanus Toxoid
  • Dyptheria-Tetanus-Pertussis (MMR, MR, M, R)
  • Measles-Mumps-Rubella
  • Polio live virus (OPV)
  • Polio inactivated virus (IPV)
  • Hepatitis B vaccines (HAV)
  • Hepatitis A vaccines (HBV)
  • Hemophilus influenza type b
  • Polysaccharide conjugate vaccines (HIV)
  • Varicella (chicken pox) vaccines (VZH)
  • Meningococcal vaccines
  • Human papillomavirus vaccines (HPV)
  • Trivalent influenza vaccines
  • Pneumococcal (pneumonia) conjugate vaccines (PCV)3
  • Rotavirus vaccines containing live, oral, rhesus-based rotavirus
  • etc.

When Do I Have a Vaccine Claim?

  • You or your child has been injured by a vaccination.
  • Oftentimes physicians are unaware of the compensation program and/or unaware of how to diagnose vaccine-related issues. Call us if you feel this is the case. 
  • Be aware of changes in behavior following vaccines. This can be indicative of an injury. 

How do I pay for an attorney?

Legal fees related to the Vaccine Injury Fund are paid by the injury fund, so the clients do not pay any fees and costs. Lawyers' fees are paid by the fund whether you win or lose, as long as the case was filed "in good faith and with a reasonable basis".

How Long Do I Have To File?

The general rule is you have three years to file a claim. It can be malpractice if your doctor does not advise you of the National Vaccine Injury and Compensation Program. In addition, some lawyers also do not provide proper advice. 

If you have a vaccine-related injury, be sure to work with an experienced vaccination injury lawyer. The injury lawyers of Newland & Newland, LLP have handled many cases and understand the process of the compensation fund. Call us at 847-797-8000 for a free phone consultation. We serve clients throughout the Chicago area and the northwest suburbs. 

  • Top 100
  • Illinois State Bar Association
  • Illinois Trial Lawyers Asscociation
  • Manta Member
  • BBB
  • North western suburban bar association
  • 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firms
  • Elite Lawyer
  • Expertise
Back to Top