121 S. Wilke Road, Suite 301, Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Home and Hospital Visits for Your Convenience

FREE Phone & Video Consultations

Home and Hospital Visits for Your Convenience

Call for a FREE Phone Consultation


Video Consultations Also Available

Financial Compensation for Car Accident Victims in Arlington Heights, Illinois

Posted on in Car Accident

shutterstock_1154932237.jpgThe cost of a single car accident can be substantial but if you are not the at-fault driver, then you should not be the one paying for it. Expenses can add up quickly when it comes to medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering associated with being injured in a serious car wreck. The compensation process can be very difficult, so knowing how to go about getting what you deserve as a victim is essential. If the pain or soreness after an accident lasts for an extended period of time, you may also need to take action against the at-fault driver and his or her insurance company.

Illinois is an “At-Fault” State

In the state of Illinois, if you are not the one responsible for causing an accident, then you may be able to recieve financial compensation for expenses stemming from the wreck. In order to pursue compensation, you will likely need to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company. If you cannot recover adequate compensation through an insurance claim, you may need to file a civil lawsuit. In some cases, a car accident victim may be compensated by the at-fault driver’s employer or even a member of the at-fault driver’s household.

The victim’s own insurance company should be able to provide some compensation following a serious car accident, but it is unlikely they will cover all expenses incurred by the victim. 

A victim will be able to collect some damages from the at-fault driver, if it is determined they are less than 50% responsible for the accident. Medical coverage can be limited and typically does not cover non-medical expenses, like lost wages due to missed time at work and pain and suffering. To recover your losses, you will need to take further legal action against the at-fault driver.

Experiencing Soreness After an Accident?

Having some soreness after being in a car accident should be expected, but if the pain persists beyond six weeks, you should consult a doctor if you have not already. Any prolonging injuries involving your head, back, neck, or spine should be taken seriously and likely need medical attention. Head injuries can be long-lasting and if you are experiencing frequent headaches after an accident, you may have sustained a concussion or traumatic brain injury. This prolonged pain and suffering as a victim may entitle you to compensation.

Contact a Rolling Meadows Personal Injury Lawyer

If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, contact our Schaumburg Car Accident Attorney at Newland & Newland, LLP. Call us at 847-797-8000 today for a free consultation.




  • Top 100
  • Illinois State Bar Association
  • Illinois Trial Lawyers Asscociation
  • Manta Member
  • BBB
  • North western suburban bar association
  • 10 Best Personal Injury Law Firms
  • Elite Lawyer
  • Expertise
Back to Top